The 'Together We Can' project and collaboration with SEIU Local 1 is hosting free citizenship application and fee waiver assistance workshop.
Come to get free assistance with:
- Application review by an immigration attorney or qualified legal representative
- Step-by-step review of the naturalization process
- Assessment of your ability to naturalize
- Application preparation & document packaging, if eligible to naturalize
Do I need to register?
Registration is not mandatory but it is beneficial to allows us to prepare to serve the participants with enough volunteer capacity.
You are eligible for U.S. CITIZENSHIP if:
- You have had a green card for 4 years, 9 months and know basic English, or
- If you are married to a U.S. Citizen, have had a green card for 2 years, 9 months and know basic English
English is NOT needed for U.S. Citizenship if:
- You have a disability, or
- You are 50 years old and have had a green card for 20 years,
- You are 55 years old and have had a green card for 15 years
To be able to fill out your citizenship application you will need to bring following documents:
- Your Permanent Resident Card (green card) AND Social Security Card AND your driver’s license or state ID
- Dates of all travels outside US since you received your green card
- A list of all your home addresses for the past 5 years
- A list of all you employer addresses, dates, and locations for the past 5 years
- If currently married, your spouse’s name AND date of birth AND social security number AND immigration number (if applicable) AND date of naturalization (if applicable)
- Date of ALL marriages and divorces of you and your spouse (if applicable)
- If you have children—their names AND their addresses (if not living with you) AND their dates of birth AND their green card numbers (if applicable)
- If you have ever been arrested—reason for arrest AND date AND place it happened AND outcome/disposition
- 2 passport photos
- Males: your Selective Service number and registration date—if you don’t know, call (847) 688-6888 or go to www.sss.gov
- Money order for $680 (double check the correct amount of the current fee before you send your application) payable to USCIS. For those older than 75 years of age the money order amount is $595.
333 S Ashland St
Chicago, IL 60607
Google map and directions