How should I prepare for administrative relief?

  • Please remember that there isn’t anything to apply for yet, but you should start putting together your identity documents (passports, consular IDs) and any documents that demonstrate that you have lived in the United States such as school records, medical records, bank records, leases/ rent payments, and employment records.


  • Attend one of the upcoming information sessions! 




List of possible records/documents you can begin to prepare: 

Proof of identity

• Passport or national identity document from your country of origin

• Birth certificate with photo identification

• School or military ID with photo

• Any U.S. government immigration or other document bearing your name and photo

Proof of your presence in the U.S.

• Passport with admission stamp

• Form I-94/I-95/I-94W

• School records from the U.S. schools you have attended

• Military records (Form DD-214 or NGB Form 22)

• Any Immigration and Naturalization Service or DHS document stating your date of entry (Form I-862, Notice to Appear)

• Travel records

• Hospital or medical records

• Employment records (pay stubs, W-2 Forms, etc.)

• Official records from a religious entity confirming participation in a religious ceremony

• Copies of money order receipts for money sent in or out of the country

• Birth certificates of children born in the U.S.A.

• Dated bank transactions

• Utility bills or other bills with your name and address

• Rent receipts

• Automobile license receipts or registration

• Deeds, mortgages, rental agreement contracts

• Tax receipts, insurance policies

Proof of immigration status

• Form I-94/I-95/I-94W with authorized stay expiration date

• Final order of exclusion, deportation, or removal issued

• A charging document placing you into removal proceedings

• Expired visa

Proof of education

• Official records (transcripts, report cards, etc.) from the school that you are currently attending in the United States of America.

• U.S. high school diploma or certificate of completion

• U.S. GED certificate

Proof you are a honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of U.S.

• Form DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty

• NGB Form 22, National Guard Report of Separation and Record of Service

• Military personnel records

• Military health records

Demonstrating employment

• W-2 Form

• SS-4 Forms filed (by you or on your behalf)

• Bank Deposits

• Pay Stubs

• Written receipts (cashed checks)

• Employer/building ID

• Email history to/from other employees or employer

• Business cards

• Ads posting your services

• Contact information of employer

Payment of taxes

• W-2 Form

• Bank statements

• Individual Taxpayer Identification Form (ITIN)

• W-7 Form to apply for ITIN

Immigration history

• Notice to appear

• Removal documents

• Any U.S. Citizenship and ImmigrationServices or DHS document

Family relationships

• Listing dependents on W-2

• Birth certificates of all children, especially U.S. citizen children

• Marriage certificate (church and civil)

• Adoption documents

Community relationships

• Church records of attendance/membership

• Community service records

• School or College ID/registration documentation

• Neighborhood watch documentation

• Community center registration/documentation

• Pool club membership documentation

• YMCA/Boy scouts/girl scouts documentation

• Sports teams documentation/registration

• Documentation of volunteer work

• Awards/Honors/Accolades in community

Criminal record

• Court dispositions

• FBI criminal background checks

• Traffic violations/tickets

• Any expungement records

• Juvenile expunged records

• Documentation of pardons

• DUI rehabilitation class registration



Should I seek legal assistance?

There is nothing to apply for. Do not believe or pay anyone who tells you they can help you apply for anything now, especially a notario.  The only thing you can start doing right now is putting your documents together.  

Here are some tips for finding and working with a trusted immigration attorney. 

If you have legal questions about your immigration history or possible criminal history please contact a trusted immigration attorney or a qualified nonprofit organization

If you have any questions, please ask your local nonprofit organizations or call ICIRR’s hotline at 855-435-7693.


Where can I get information?  

If you have any questions about administrative relief, call ICIRR’s hotline at 855-435-7693 or visit the nonprofit organizations in your area. If you need any attorney, here you can get a list of referrals.



Be the first to comment

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.